POST FOUR: CONTEXT
- conditions, factors, state of affairs, situation, scene, frame of reference, relationship to themes of setting.
- the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
- the parts of something that immediately precede and follow something and clarify its meaning
- Context is the circumstances of setting of a thing (object, event, idea etc.) which impact on how the thing is understood and assesses. Context is the surrounds of the thing which bring to it all its associations, and meanings. Everything exists in a context as existence happens in space and time.
- In some ways I hope my work has as little extraneous context as possible, I hope it’s frame of reference is only in the experience of it, in itself. But then by trying to do this, I know I have just loaded it with massive amounts of conditions which in relationship contextualize this aim.
- Some points areas of context I would like to look at include, experience, documentation and space